Heart of the Matter

Andy Chan's Blog for Parents, Mentors and Teachers

Andy – where are you?

If you’ve subscribed to my blog or just checked it out recently, you’re probably asking this question, “Hello, Andy – where are you?”  I have not been ill (although the North Carolina pollen has been tough for me), nor have I been in an accident.

I have been on the road speaking with alumni, parents and the press about our vision for personal and career development at Wake Forest University.  Over the last two months, I have visited New York City and the S.F. Bay Area three times each, Washington, D.C. twice, Philadelphia and Atlanta.  It’s been great as everyone is enthusiastic and supportive of our efforts.  Many of these connections have also offered internship and job opportunities for our students.

I have posted thoughts and comments to my Facebook fan page, LinkedIn and Twitter, so if you use those communication channels, you’ve received some of my thoughts as well as news and activities.

But I admit that I have not been focused on my blog.  I have dozens of notes that I have saved hoping to post to my blog for you to read.  I now realize that this approach isn’t going to work.  I keep thinking that I’ll have time to write a “perfect” blog entry.  That perfectionist mind-set is keeping me from writing anything at all.

I am going to try something new and blog more regularly – even if it means that my post is not “perfect”.  Please feel free to ask me questions and I’ll give you my opinion.  I’ll be here… and I hope you will be too.